Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The flipside

Been away on business for a few days, but I've been made aware of a couple of new sites that perhaps you should be aware of too. Uglychristmaslights.com is apparently run by Santa Claus but most of his pics are definitely in the states, so unless he's moved from Lapland to Michigan, I don't think it's really him. However, in deference to the lad, here's an absolute beauty - a rare daylight discrepancy!



Now comes rather a sadder tale. The BBC ran a story today about a kindly woman from Middlesbrough who was trying to raise a wee bit of money to help some sick kids or something and put up some signs around the town to direct people to see her HouseBLING! The council have told her that the signage is illegal and that it must be removed. Now, I'm not one to criticise, but I've been to Middlesborough, and I reckon the whole place should be condemned, especially the environmental embarrasment that is the ICI installation. In fact it's the closest place on earth to Unthank. I'd have thought the council would have been happy for anyone to do something to brighten the place up. So, I reckon we should be bombarding the council for the reinstatement of the HouseBLING! directions, maybe even get a few legal ones put up there on her behalf. Wouldn't that make your Christmas



Thanks to Clare for these.

Following on from this, a real life Scrooge sent a poison pen letter to a nice polite couple in the Cotswolds to threaten them about the single string of lights in their garden.



Now, to my thinking that's actually pretty tasteful and subdued, so why get so upset such a small thing. Are the people of the Cotswolds really that closed minded? I lay down this challenge: Expose the Cotswold Cowards and let the world know the kind of people that they are! I'll provide the bandwidth to get the message out, so if you know who is responsible for upsetting these folks, drop me an email to the address at the side.

GJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home