Wednesday, December 15, 2004

More Matilda

When I thought about setting this blog up, I was really only expecting to put up a couple of pics here purely for my own amusement. Having now dug a little deeper into the subject of Christmas lighting, it appears that we have a global phenomenon. I did suspect that this would be the case, but | can now confirm it. Here's a pic of a Homer Simpson Santa in Kallungar in Brisbane, Australia, that demonstrates that people on both sides of the world are taking to their exteriors and BLINGing up for Chrimbo.



I like it. I want more of it. I want to find the most obscure, unusual place in the world with house BLING! If anyone has a picture of Timbuktu or somewhere equalyy as evocative, then you better send me a copy!

Here are those Assie houseBLING!ers in full.

GJ

1 Comments:

At 11:10 am, Blogger ginger_jesus said...

Yes, I know that Tibuktu is in Mali and that Mali is a Muslim country and that Muslims don't celebrate Christmas, however, but there is 1% of the population in the country that are Christians. That's around 120,000 people, so I might get lucky!

Anyway, I'm not a Christian, I'm not celebrating the birth of Jesus, I simply enjoy the traditions, the food, giving stuff to people and getting stuff from them. Oh, and the time off work of course. And the possibility I might get to go snowboarding in Glencoe while I'm off work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home